A property of a moving body that determines the length of time required to bring it to rest when under the action of a constant force.
Quick Contact Form
Every Project Needs Momentum.
Successful delivery of any Construction Project requires Momentum. Without it, the negative impact can be extensive including project delays, owner dissatisfaction, and loss of revenue to the design and construction team.
why choose us
Momentum Construction Services, LLC
is a full-service General Contractor able to provide service in all aspects of the Construction Market.
Company President, John deRieux started his construction career as an intern Architect, and has a Design degree from the Clemson University College of Architecture as well as a degree in Construction Management. This in depth understanding of building design makes Momentum your most capable Design—Build Contractor. Our company is not, however, burdened with the overhead associated with an “in house” design team. Momentum utilizes an exclusive group of independent local Architects and Engineers that are selected based on the requirements of each individual project.
Our Project Managers, Estimators, and Superintendents have experience in all aspects of the Construction Market including Industrial, Commercial, Institutional, Health Care, and Multi Family Residential. Again, we avoid the overhead burden associated with departmentalizing into the various market classifications.
Norco Industrial Doors is the leading provider of large hangar doors in the Nation. Momentum Construction Services installs these doors throughout the Eastern United States. This experience has expanded to include turn key hangar construction, hangar door repairs and maintenance.
Bachelor of Science – Design 1984
Bachelor of Science – Building Science and Management 1985
Dean’s List – 1984
President’s List – 1985
Momentum Construction Services, LLC – Simpsonville, SC – Current
President and Principal
Morris Construction Company – Greenville, SC – 1997 – 2002
New Carolina Construction Company – Greenville, SC 1994-1997
GMK Associates – Columbia, SC 1988-1993
Assistant Director of Estimating Department, Project Manager
Congaree Construction Company – Columbia, SC 1987-1988
Field Engineer, Estimator
Creed Construction Company – Columbia, SC – 1985-1987
Project Manager, Estimator
Partial Project Experience:
DESIGN – BUILD CONTRACTS
- ZF Lemforder 2010 Expansion – Duncan, SC. A two year $3,000,000.00 project to add offices, lobby, restrooms, loading docks, and extensive site modifications.
- Worldwide Equipment – Greenville SC and Columbia SC. Additions and renovations to two truck maintenance facilities.
- Jarden Plastics – Greenville, SC. Office additions and building renovations.
- ZF Lemforder 44,000 s.f. Addition – Duncan, SC – project management of design and construction phase. (1998) $2,200,000.00
- Alexander Machinery New Facility – Mauldin, SC – project management of design and construction of 140,000 s.f. manufacturing facility. (1999) $2,500,000.00
- D&D Motors- Truck Showroom and Body Shop Addition – Greer, SC – Additions and renovations to existing body shop facility.
- Lockheed Martin Maintenance Hanger – Greenville, SC – project management of design and construction of 110,000 s.f. hanger. (2002) $6,400,000.00
MAJOR GENERAL CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS
- Kemet Electronics Ceramic Line Relocation – Simpsonville, SC. Involved reinforcing the existing structure in a plant to allow for construction of a 20,000 s.f. second floor to make room for a new manufacturing line.
- Asheville Airport Storage Hangar – Asheville, NC. Construction of a 40,000 s.f. Hangar including associated sitework, utilities, roads, and parking.
- Mountain Community School – Hendersonville, NC. Construction of a new charter school.
- Fitesa – Simpsonville, SC. Construction of a 40,000 s.f. building to house their non woven product line.
- Colombo Energy – Greenwood, SC. Construction of two buildings for this new facility.
- Koger Center for the Performing Arts – Columbia, SC – Field Engineering (1988) $8,000,000.00
- Reidville Elementary School – Reidville, SC – Additions and renovations – project management
- Landrum Welcome Center – Landrum, SC – Additions and renovations – project management
- National Starch Reactor Foundation and Structure – Woodruff, SC – project manager.
- Capsugel Center Core Renovation – Greenwood, SC – project manager – clean room installation
- Brevard High School Additions and Renovations – Brevard, NC – project manager.
- East Side Medical Office Building (concrete package) – Greenville, SC – project manager. (1998) $2,500,000.00
- Sunland Distribution – 150,000 s.f. distribution warehouse – Greenville, SC (1999) $2,750,000.00
- Prince of Peace Catholic Church – Taylors, SC – project manager (2002) $5,200,000.00
- Oconee Hall Renovation – Tri County Technical College – Project manager of complete interior upfit and mechanical renovation.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT CONTRACTS
- New Battery Creek High School – Beaufort, SC – New Construction – design phase services – 1988 – 1989 ($14,000,000.00)
- McCracken Middle School – Hilton Head, SC – New Construction – design and construction services – 1988-1989 ($7,500,000.00)
- Riley Elementary School – Beaufort County, SC – New Construction – design phase services
- James Brown Elementary – Beaufort County, SC – New Construction – design phase services
- Ladies Island Elementary – Ladies Island, SC – New Construction – design phase services
- Lancaster County Bond Program – Evaluation of existing structures, assessment of needs, cost estimating to determine budgets leading up to a $40 million bond referendum (1991- 1992)
- Lancaster High School – Lancaster, SC – Demolition of existing school and new construction – design phase services (1992) $21,000,000.00
- Buford High School – Buford, SC – Additions and renovations – design phase services
- South Elementary School – Lancaster, SC – Additions and renovations – design phase services
- Erwin Elementary School – Lancaster, SC – Additions and renovations -design and construction services
- Brooklyn Springs Elementary School – Lancaster, SC Additions and renovations – design and construction services
- Clover Elementary School – Clover, SC – New Construction – design phase services
- Polk County High School – Columbus, NC – New Construction – design and construction phase services
- Saluda Elementary School – Saluda, NC – Additions and renovations – design and construction phase services
- West Marion Elementary – Marion, NC – New Construction – design and construction phase services
- Old Fort Elementary School – Old Fort, NC – Additions and renovations – design and construction phase services.
- Hollings Oncology Center – Charleston, SC – Demolition of old structure and new – construction design and construction phase services
- McCloud Medical Center – Florence, SC – Addition – design phase services
- Richland Memorial Hospital – Columbia, SC – Various renovation projects – design phase services
CONSTRUCTION CLAIMS EXPERIENCE:
- MUSC – Hollings Oncology Center – Construction Company Change Order Claims – research claims, performed cost estimates and schedule analysis, and negotiated acceptable settlement between Owner and Contractor.
- Polk County High School – Negotiated settlements for twelve Contracts involved in the construction of this project.
- Clemson Performing Arts Center – subcontractor claim for damages due to delay and forced acceleration. Worked on behalf of masonry subcontractor and was able to settle for 80% of the claim amount before litigation.
- The Islander – Harbor Island, SC– Provided cost estimates and methods of repairs due to water infiltration.
- Carnahan Residence – Greenville, SC – Worked with structural engineer to identify defects, produced method of repair, estimated cost, and testified in arbitration hearing.
- Ryder Truck Wall – Greenville, SC – Work with structural engineer to review damages, produce method of repair, and estimate repair.
Unlimited General Contractor – North Carolina
Unlimited General Contractor -South Carolina
Unlimited Construction Manager – South Carolina
Unlimited General Contractor – Tennessee
What sets us apart:
We have listened to our Clients express frustration that quality General Contractors are not willing to bid small work. To insure that our Clients receive the service they need, we have set up a Special Projects Division focused on smaller projects. This is an aggressive team of seasoned construction professionals able to perform small jobs economically for our Clients and profitably for Momentum.
Long Term Business Relationships
High Quality Construction
Working as a Team
Call us on
Click here to chat